CCLEC aims to be the primary facilitator for building capacity and enhancing cooperation between customs administrations and law enforcement agencies throughout the region.
The mission of the CCLEC is to upgrade the effectiveness and efficiency of its member Customs administrations in pursuing their mandates, through cooperation, sharing of best practices, human resource development, modernization, automation, harmonization of processes and procedures and information/intelligence sharing
CCLEC has the following strategic objectives to guide its actions and plans:
1. Promote capacity building initiatives including human resource management and development programmes
2. Develop and encourage the implementation of measures to enhance Border Security, inter agency cooperation and information sharing;
3. Support regional efforts towards trade facilitation;
4. Institute measures to promote integrity; and
5. Increase awareness of CCLEC within the region